I know some women love being pregnant, but I wasn’t one of them. My entire pregnancy was basically a countdown until I wasn’t pregnant and I’d feel more like myself. But now with Max in our lives for just over a week, I can’t imagine life without him. Aaron and I are already cooing at things he does that I’m confident are only cute to us. And although the first week has had it rough patches, we are doing our best to cherish every moment. Here are five things that have been amazingly helpful in adjusting to our first week with Max.
- Summer Infant SwaddleMe Adjustable Infant Wrap - In the hospital the nurses could swaddle Max with a blanket and instantly comfort him. While that is a technique we might master in the future, we have not mastered it yet. But these velcro swaddle sacks are the perfect, easy alternative for new parents and Max loves them.
- Nosefrida Baby Nasal Aspirator - This was given to us as a gift and it has been great. Max used to fuss when we would use a bulb syringe to clear his nose but it doesn’t phase him at all when we use the Nosefrida aspirator.
- Baby Bundle App - This app allows us to easily track dirty diapers and feedings. A big plus is that Aaron and I can each log events on our phones and sync across our devices.
- Earth Mama Angel Baby Natural Nipple Butter - If you are breast feeding than this all natural nipple butter will be your best friend.
- My Brest Friend Deluxe Pillow - The wrap around design provides the perfect amount of support for Max and makes it easier to comfortably breast feed without straining muscles or contorting a bunch of pillows around you.