Given the record heat we are suppose to have today in Virginia, it feels like the perfect time to post my seasonal to-do list. There have been a lot of changes this year, and even though my life feels very different than last summer, I still like the idea of compiling a fun list of things to do over the summer. More than ever, I’ve realized the importance of getting out of the house and showing Max new things and places. Aaron and I want Max’s childhood to be carefree and full of fun little indulgences. Here’s my list of things I’d like to do in the next couple of months.
- Explore local farmer’s markets.
- Add wallpaper to our morning room.
- Have a family day at the Metro Richmond Zoo.
- Go to a drive-in movie (a date night we can take Max to).
- Try a burger from Jack Brown’s Burger Joint.
- Attend some sort of food festival.
- Donate the summer clothes that I don’t wear.
- Get a pedicure (my indulgence, not Max’s).
- Eat an ice cream cone outside.
- Take Max to the pool and sign him up for swim lessons at Aqua Tots.
What is on your summer to-do list?