As soon as Aaron finished painting the garage, it was obvious that the entrance door that opened into the kitchen needed a facelift as well. We wanted to choose a color that would brighten up the garage but not overwhelm the kitchen. We hung a few candidate paint swatches on the door for a week to get a sense for each color at different times of the day. Once we settled on a color we referred to the following blog post for excellent step by step instructions on how to paint doors the professional way.
- Decide on a paint color by hanging up a variety of paint samples.
- Paint a strip on your door to make sure the color dries the way you want it to.
- Remove the door from its hinges and take off the hardware. This is the most tedious part, but will create a cleaner finished product.
- Cover the door opening with plastic lining or trash bags.
- Paint the door. Make sure you allow for sufficient drying time before painting the other side.
- Put the door back on and enjoy!!